The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is the student-athlete’s voice in the administration of the programs that directly affect you, the student-athlete. The group consists of representatives from each team. Membership in this organization is based on student-athlete interest, coach recommendations and commitment.
The focus of the SAAC is to be the leadership for the student-athlete population and serve as a vehicle to increase service to the University and the community at large. If you are interested in serving on the committee, please contact your coach.
Functions and Objectives of the SAAC Organization
- Uphold the mission and standards of Florida Tech as well as the Sunshine State Conference and NCAA SAAC;
- Promote communication between athletic administration and student-athletes;
- Provide feedback and insight to student-athlete population into athletic department issues;
- Build a sense of community within the athletic program involving the support of all teams;
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation;
- Organize fundraising, community service and community engagement efforts;
- Help promote athletic events throughout the campus community;
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus committees (student-government, etc.); and
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.